aka My Writing Plans for 2022
By Roger Eschbacher
While the pandemic years have been a bit of a slog for me and everyone else (let’s just say it can be challenging to stay upbeat and creative when you’re not feeling it), they’ve also been shockingly productive.
In the past few years, I’ve stayed as busy as I can by pushing through this over-sized rough patch and…
- freelancing scripts for Hello Ninja, a fun, animated pre-school show on Netflix
- freelancing scripts for two overseas animated series that will probably end up on Netflix
- finishing and publishing Elvenking (Amazon 2020), the third, but not final, book in my YA Arthurian Fantasy Leonard the Great series. Not final because I recently came up with a fun idea for a fourth book!
Plans for this year include…
- completing and publishing Ghost Star 2 (working title), the action-packed second book in my YA Ghost Star Adventures series. I hope to have this one out by the end of April 2022.
- finishing and publishing the novel-length version of Undrastormur, my YA Viking fantasy adventure. I’m two-thirds of the way through with this fun novel and plan to release it in July 2022.
- compiling and publishing the Dragonfriend Omnibus, the first three books of the Leonard the Great series combined, and releasing it in August 2022.
- using September and October to do a detailed outline of Ghost Star 3 for the National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo), the writing challenge where you join thousands of other authors in setting aside the month of November to write a novel of 50,000 words (or more). Every one of my published and soon-to-be published novels started out as a NaNo project, and I’m very much looking forward to returning to the fold, after a couple of years absence, to challenge myself once again.
- pushing for more animation writing gigs! I’ve been close to a number of good gigs recently, and I’m really close to an awesome high-profile gig that I hope happens. Showbiz can be brutal, so I’ll take any positive vibes you’d care to send my way.
That’s it for now. I’m grateful my family is healthy, and I’m happy to have a lot of fun and interesting things on my plate.
If any of the above books pique your interest, please swing by my Amazon Author Page and check them out. Thanks!
lives in Los Angeles with his awesome family, a hilarious Border Terrier, and a grumpy Russian tortoise.
In addition to writing fantasy and sci-fi adventure novels, he writes TV animation for Warner Bros., Netflix, Cartoon Network, Hasbro Studios and more.
Roger’s YA space opera Ghost Star is a winner of the Kindle Scout competition and received a publishing contract from Amazon’s Kindle Press imprint.
Ghost Star and other books by Roger are listed on this page. Please buy lots and lots of them. 😊
Get to know more about Roger on his: